At Hillman Law we help clients determine child support payments at the time of divorce, and also help clients modify or enforce child support arrangements after a divorce. With divorce and family law experience, we will explain to you how child support in New York is calculated, and effectively help you.
New York child support laws hold parents accountable for the financial support of their children until a child is 21 years old.
Child support includes:
- Cash payments (income based) for the child’s needs
- Health insurance and/or medical support
- Payments for child care
- Health care costs that are not covered
- Educational expenses and extra-curricular activities.
The following factors are some taken into consideration by the court when determining NYC support payments:
- How much other income each parent makes
- How many children these parents have together
- The time each parent spends with the children
- The actual tax filing status of each parent;
- Support of children from outside the couple
- Mandatory retirement contributions
- The cost of sharing daycare and uninsured health-care costs; and Health insurance
Whether you need child support help or are filing for divorce we can help you get the financial support you need for your child. Hillman law has been successful at working with clients so that they can see a clear and positive future for their family. Call us today to see how we can help you.